Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pour Me Another, Says Mail Goggles

The most significant professional and personal mistakes I've made have been when I reacted to a situation soley based on emotion.

For instance, I once told a newly hired marketing VP at a client that if he went through with the PR agency change he was pondering it would be the dumbest @#$$@!! mistake he ever made. Needless to say, we didn't retain that business.

While I still have to keep my emotions in check, I can apparently start putting away the drinks without fear of sending out an inappropriate Email. That's because Google just introduced a new feature to Gmail called Mail Goggles.

Jon Perlow, Google's lead engineer on the project, cited personal experience as his inspiration:

"Sometimes I send messages I shouldn't send. Like the time I told that girl I had a crush on her over text message. Or the time I sent that late-night email to my ex-girlfriend that we should get back together."

No comments: