Monday, December 13, 2010

Social Responsibility Top of Mind

I take an interest in the pastimes and personal pursuits that are important to Strategic Communications Group's (Strategic) clients.  It's smart business. 


For instance, I attended the University of Maryland, yet I also follow SEC college football and the Virginia Tech Hokies.  I've become a connoisseur of European beers.  And a fan of a couple of Indie rock bands.

Last night, I gathered up the family to attend the Hope for Henry Foundation's annual fundraiser.  One of Strategic's clients is a founder of the organization which does a wonderful job providing children with life-threatening illnesses with carefully chosen gifts and specially designed programs to entertain and promote comfort, care and recovery.

Photo Source: Hope for Henry Foundation
My initial participation and support of the Hope for Henry Foundation was commercially-motivated.  Yet, last night served as a reminder that business always takes a back seat to caring about others.

No comments: