Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Live from Satellite 2008

I have been in my share of press rooms over the years. They are all fairly uniform: coffee in the back with the pastries, stacks of press kits strewn across a table and a handful of journalists clicking away on laptops. It’s always quiet.

For the next two days I’ll be blogging from Access Intelligence’s Satellite 2008 Conference (http://www.satellitetoday.com/satellite2008/) in Washington, DC. This is the premier trade show in this industry and it draws nearly 10,000 executives who work for, buy from, invest in or report on satellite technology and communications companies.

Strategic Communications Group (Strategic) works extensively in this market and we have a couple of clients exhibiting at the show. I plan on walking the Exhibit Hall this morning and then spending Wednesday meeting with industry contacts and prospects. I’ll also check out a couple of the panel discussions on topics I find of interest.

Look for a post from me later this week with my thoughts on best practices in trade show marketing and promotion.

No comments: